Friday, May 15, 2015

Blessed by the Dance Goddess!

During my eldest son's high school years, my middle ones transition into middle school, and my baby's first years of life, it was very difficult to travel... even on short weekend trips. Their schedules, as well parental and school financial obligations, took priority. After our oldest settled in his first semester in college, it seemed there was a shift allowing some wiggle room. I set out to train, as often as possible, with as many master instructors as possible, in the belly dance art form. 

Since January 2015, I have had the honor of learning from and training with Suhaila Salimpour, Isaam Houshan, Amani of Lebanon, Lebanese Simon, Valerick, Aziza Nawal, and next Tuesday with Zoe Jakes.

My belly dance experience started with Bozenka and Tamalyn Dallal in 2005 through the incredible MidEastern Dance Exchange in South Beach, as a Katrina transplant....never did I imagine this is where my belly dance journey would take me! I am beyond excited, and all I can do is zaghareet! Love, light, and happy shimmies!

So what does one do after being inspired by these amazing, legendary belly dancers and master instructors and their passion for dance? You share the love!

See you in class lovelies. I have so much to share with you... Signature moves, strong technique, new stylizations, Lebanese funk, shimmy combos and moves, zils & drills... it's going to be an awesome year for belly dance! Now is the time to join us! For events, like our facebook page and get updates:
www.facebook.com/bellydanceneworleans

Upcoming Schedule:
Saturdays 10:30am-11:45am
NOLA Spaces
May 16, 23, 30

Saturdays 10:30am-11:30am
June 20, 27
July 18, 25

FULL DAY BELLY DANCE RETREAT:
Sunday, June 7 at Swan River Yoga Mandir
9am-11am and 12pm-3pm 
Details to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment