Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Feeling lots of feelings tonight. After 10 years of belly dancing, I started last year, in January with a new goal... to learn as much as I could from as many master teachers as I could and truly immerse in belly dance. One of the places I went was the Houston Oriental Festival where Amani of Lebanon, Lebanese Simon, Valerick, among others blew my freaking mind. I could not get enough. Then off to Suhaila Salimpour workshops, not once but twice, and to Zoe Jakes and to Isaam Houshan, and to so many others, including going back to the beginning... full circle with Tamalyn Dallal and Amar Gamal. Each one different, each one inspiring, each one providing me with more and more material to absorb and understand and share with my beautiful students. This spring has been filled with belly dance glitter all over my world... from our performance at Orleans Raks to our magical Shimmy Shakti Troupe Showcase and personally... with weekly sessions with my belly dance hero Tamalyn Dallal. I FEEL........ actually, that's it. No other word needed... I freaking feel!!!! So much right now and it feels freaking amazing. So all this to say... this Friday, I will be performing at the Houston Oriental Dance festival, something I would've never even thought of just a year ago. I don't even know how it's all happening.... I have been pretty much waking up and guided in different directions and all these wonderful things are happening. I am so happy, so blessed, freaking out!!!!!! Sharing the stage with so many amazing dancers whom I admire and follow.... I'm a little deer in headlights about it still but I mentioned it to my lovelies and they were so incredibly supportive I emailed a yes before I had time to rethink it lol but it is pretty much how I live my life... a yes, a quick freak out, and then like a Soldja... off to kick butt!. I AM HAPPY, I AM HONORED, HOLY MOLY I'M PERFORMING AT THE HOUSTON ORIENTAL DANCE FESTIVAL THIS WEEKEND. eek. Wish me luck y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment